Thursday, October 9, 2014

Music Exchange #1 - What Sounds Uplifting to You?

    Howdy!  Welcome to my very first internet blog post EVER!  Since this is my first blog post ever, I want to start this bad boy off in an easy-going, enjoyable sort of way.  Let's have a musical exchange, shall we?

    So, what sounds uplifting to you?


    This could include songs that are motivating, are about closure or forgiveness, about moving on and living life, encouragement, joy, make you feel reassured and comforted, etc.  They can be spiritual or not, as long as they are positive.  They can have vocals or be purely instrumental, whatever you like.  I want this to be an enjoyable interactive experience for everyone!  And, personally, I wouldn't mind expanding my musical tastes and adding on to my mp3 library. (Or purchase whole CDs if I really like what I'm hearing!  Yes, I still purchase CDs.)  Let me start off by giving you my top picks:


1. Live for Better Days by Ignite


    
    This is my all-time, most favorite positive song ever.  I love it to pieces!  It's got feelings of closure and speaks of forgiving one's self, moving on, and self-improvement.  Just living life the best you can and always striving for the best in yourself.  And as a bonus, the lead singer does volunteer work helping injured Pelicans!  How awesome is that?!


2. Get Well by Icon For Hire



    A motivating song about improving one's self and getting better.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking for help.  If you need help, you gotta be willing to get it.  There's a saying that goes, "You can only help those that can help themselves."  It's true.  I love that about this song.  Self determination!  I also dig that the lead singer is a woman.  Really good lady rockers are so few and far between!


3. Dig by Incubus



    I identify so much with this song.  Forgiveness is really the main theme of it, but it's also got togetherness, love, and hope.  I just really dig this song.  (No pun intended... Okay, maybe it was just a little intended.)


4. I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor



    An oldie but goodie.  It's upbeat and about moving on with life.  You cannot tell me that you aren't at least doing a little bit of mock disco dancing in your seat while listening to this song!  By the way, whatever happened with roller skates?


5. Meant to Live by Switchfoot



    Such love I have for this song!  It's got a really good message to it.  We're all alive for some reason and that reason has got to be something amazing.  I actually got to see these guys in concert.  The lead singer actually came off the stage during one of his songs and started shaking hands with the concert attendees.  Impressive!

    Okay, so I can probably go on and on with this post, but I'm going to stop at five songs.  Seems like a good, solid odd number, don't you think?  Anywho, comment below or if you're friends with me on Facebook comment under it's posting.  Let me know what songs you like listening to that are awesomely positive!  I'd love to hear them for myself!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment