Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Live Long and Prosper

    

    
    I know it's been a long while since I've made my last blog post, and I am sorry for that.  But don't let the title fool you, this isn't a goodbye post either.  Quite far from it actually.  I just had the sudden need to vent, so I hope you bear with me.  If vent/rant posts are not for your thing, I'll completely understand if you stopped reading here and went on to something else.  You will not hurt my feelings in the least.  :)
    But instead of taking the "Oh my gosh, you wouldn't believe what so-and-so said/did!" route, I'm going to do things a bit differently.  I'm going to tell you a little bit about myself in response to what had gone on earlier today.  So, here it goes:

  • I am quite protective of my family and friends.  If I feel that they are being treated unfairly, I will react to this.
  • One of my pet peeves is when someone makes a baseless assumption about someone else and takes off running with it as if it was fact.
  • If you felt that I have misunderstood what was said, then let me know eloquently, with kind consideration and understanding.  I will apologize, explain how I read it, and add a "my bad."  Take the high road and others will follow.
  • If you do not respond to my misunderstanding in such a decent-humanly fashion, it will only reflect more upon you and who you really are in this life than it ever will upon me.  You're only making things worse for yourself.
  • If you write your response in such a way that makes you sound upset and angry and then deny that you are actually feeling that way... Who are you kidding?  I can see right through that better than a freshly cleaned pane of glass in a Windex commercial.
  • If you are the type that who's used to having controlling reigns over some individuals in your life... you won't be doing that with me.  You can't tell me what to do, you can't tell me when a conversation ends, you can't tell me what to say or not say, you can't tell me how to feel, you can't tell me to ignore the obvious, and you can't bully me into some sort of intellectual submission.  You can't scare me, you don't scare me, and you won't scare me.  
  • I believe that all innocent lives matter.  And just because I may be more protective of some more than others, does not mean that I do not feel for the rest or that they somehow don't deserve respect or protection either.  I am only one person.
  • I am human and so are you.  None of us are perfect, and neither are you.
  • There's a Vulcan saying that goes, "The needs of the many, out weigh the needs of the few or the one."  I've noticed that there are folks that believe this, which is all well and good.  However none of these folks are raising their hands to act as that "one" on the behalf of others.  Another pet peeve.
  • I've always thought that awareness can be a good start to something great.  But I learned today, that awareness is pretty much useless if no positive action follows suit.  The same goes with debates.  Actions speak louder than words.  How can you claim to be a revolutionist, a supporter of change, a decent protester, or a good humanitarian if you put no action to your words?  Go forth if you really care!  This is kinda a newly developed pet peeve of mine.
  • If I am sad, there's a reason.
  • If I am angry, there's a reason.
  • If I am upset, there's a reason.
  • It is not often that I speak up.  But when I do speak up, I want my words to be heard and to matter.  I also seek to be understood and acknowledged for why I am speaking up.  There is a reason for why I am speaking up.
For those that respect me and really know me, I thank you for being there.  You're the ones who've got my back and help me when I need it.  You have got my full appreciation and respect.  May you "Live Long and Prosper."  For everyone else, do me a favor and just...


No comments:

Post a Comment