Sunday, January 31, 2016

CREATIVE POST: I love COLOURlovers!

    There's a site that I've gotten back into again recently.  It's a website that's wonderfully devoted to color, palettes, templates, and patterns.  It's a place that's frequented by wonderful people who love color, creativity, and beautiful things.  This website is called colourlovers.com.
    I was introduced to this site in 2012 by a co-worker who was going to school to become a graphic artist.  It turned out to be a great help at the time, as I sometimes needed to create specific patterns for specific projects when I couldn't find any pre-made backgrounds that would work otherwise.  I used it for work, for personal projects, and for fun.  It became super handy and it still is to this day.
    COLOURlovers had it's own in-site program, called Seamless Lite, that I would use to make my pattern templates.  It was a simple program that offered an enjoyable challenge because of it's simplicity.  I could only do so much with it and indulged my creativity as much as I could.  I became so invested in what I was doing and was desiring to created better templates like I noticed some others were doing on the site. I decided to try out their downloadable, pattern-making program, Seamless Studio and tried it for the 15 day trial.  Before the trial was up, I was sold and decided to purchase the program only to find out that they didn't sell it anymore.  You could download it, use it for 15 days, and that was it.  For whatever reason, COLOURlovers had quit selling the key codes, yet the links for downloading the program still worked.  I was very disappointed and frustrated.  Luckily, a fellow colourlover found out about my troubles and gave me their key code, which I've held onto.  I love my Seamless Studio program and use it for all my pattern making needs.  And I make even better pattern templates now than I had before when I only had Seamless Lite at my disposal.
    I was using the program often, for long periods at a time I would use it almost everyday.  Then life happened, and I wasn't able to use it for a while.  But now I'm back on it making patterns like I used to do!  I was even creating one the other day when I realized that I ought to make a blog post about it.  After all, this is The Live Diary of a CREATIVE Introvert, and I should post creative things on here every once in a while, shouldn't I?  Yes, indeed, I should!  And I should post samples of my work, too!

These first three are some that I've created using COLOURlovers in-site program, Seamless Lite:

Find it here: http://www.colourlovers.com/pattern/3105775/80s_Pop_Mix
Find it here: http://www.colourlovers.com/pattern/4281773/Intergaclatic_Travel 
Find it here: http://www.colourlovers.com/pattern/4113529/Grapefruit_Slices! 

And before I continue, yes my username on COLOURlovers is "balboababe."  It's an old one that I came up with back in high school and have used it for the longest.  And, no, it doesn't have anything to do with the Rocky movies nor Regina Spektor.  Anywho!  These next three are patterns that I've created using the Seamless Studio program:


Find it here: http://www.colourlovers.com/pattern/3868828/Pixies_Flight 
Find it here: http://www.colourlovers.com/pattern/4480206/POP!_Splatter!
Also, on a side note, I made a dark gray scale version of this pattern to use as a tiled background to this blog!
Find it here: http://www.colourlovers.com/pattern/5093800/Butterflies_Hearts 

    As I have said before, I really love this site and this program, and the users on there are wonderful people as well.  You couldn't ask for a better group of folks!  Recently it's been getting a lot of spammers trying to push various movies and books, but nothing that can't be ignored.  I still highly recommend going there and trying it out for yourself if you're into creating and love color.  It's a great for a hobby, if nothing else.  You can also get your creations in the form of artwork or fabric, not for free obviously.  But I've thought about doing that and trying to sell fabrics with my patterns on them to try to make a little money on the side. (If I were to do that, would you or anyone you know be interested in purchasing one of my patterns in the form of some fabric?)  Anyway, you can look me up and follow me if you like!  Visit colourlovers.com, and try it out.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment