Wednesday, February 10, 2016

STORY TIME! The Time I Found Something in My Bed...

    Lately, I've been watching a lot of these "Story Time" videos on YouTube and I found the concept to be different (at least for YouTube) as well as entertaining.  So I thought to myself, why not do that right here on my blog?  :D
    So this happened around the last part of high school, about 2001-2003 I would say.  I've had this habit for a long time of staying up late, past when my parents go to bed and past when I probably should go to bed... Yep... And this particular night was no exception.  I'm staying up late, chatting with friends online and watching Flash animated cartoons (I think I was really big into Homestar Runner at the time), then it gets to a point when I'm ready to go to bed.  My parents have already gone to bed hours ago, so it's just me up and about.  I go my room and proceed to get ready for bed; brush my teeth, changed into some pjs, my usual bedtime routine.  I go to my bed to get in, my sheets already pulled back some from the way it was made, and I noticed this pretty large blue mass right on top of the exposed sheets.  It was about the size of a half-dollar or a cap off of a bottle of prescription meds.  I took a bit of a closer look and it looked like a large piece of dark blue, fuzzy, lint from the laundry at first.  How did this get here?  How did I not notice it before when the sheets got put on the bed?  But something was a bit off about it...  I went in for a closer look and I realized that the piece of what I thought was lint had shape to it.  What is this??  I suddenly recognize the shape and I realize what is in my bed, sitting on my exposed, CLEAN sheets...  It was a dried up, mummified, DEAD FROG.  ...  I was speechless and I was shocked and I was absolutely disgusted.  How the heck did this thing get on my bed???
    To this day, I can only come up with one conclusion that's somewhat logical.  There is an air vent that's directly above my bed.  What I think might have happened, and others that I've told this story to before also believes this is the case, is that somehow this frog found it's way into the vents and died.  Whether or not it went there purposefully to die or if it went in there to hide or out of curiosity and just happened got lost or trapped and then died, I will never know.  But it somehow got into the vent, died, mummified and collected lint, and then eventually blew out of the vent and wound up on my bed.
    I ended up having to wake up my parents (1.) to remove the frog because I'm a wuss and I didn't really know how go about getting rid of the thing, and (2.) I wanted to put clean sheets on the bed and I didn't know where my mom kept them.  Overall it was a horrible, gross, and downright strange and random experience.  And looking back on it now, it's a pretty funny story.  One to tell to multiple people for multiple years to come!
    That was probably the strangest, most disgusting thing I've ever found in my bed thus far in my life.  So what's the strangest thing you've ever found in your bed?  Let me know in the comments below!  I'd love to hear what you've got!  :D  


A bit of happy imagery to hopefully replace what is probably stuck in your mind now.  :)
You can find this pattern of mine here: http://www.colourlovers.com/pattern/5109900/Frogs_Circa_1985

No comments:

Post a Comment